List All News Articles
Fourth International Conference in Communication and Media Studies
Published Date: Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Theme: "If You Wish Peace, Care for Justice"
Dates of the Conference: 19-21 November 2014
Keynote Speaker: Professor Oliver Richmond, University of Manchester, Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute, UK
Conference web site: http://crcp2014.emu.edu.tr
Organizer: Center of Research and Communication for Peace, Faculty of Communication and Media Studies
The Center of Research and Communication for Peace in the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies at Eastern Mediterranean University invites paper, panel, and event proposals addressing the general theme of "If You Wish Peace, Care for Justice." The Fourth International Conference in Communication and Media Studies, which will be held at the Salamis Bay Conti Resort Hotel in North Cyprus between 19-21 November 2014, aims at bringing together scholars to present their research and exchange ideas in a range of topics under the general theme including:
- Peace and conflict
- Justice (unconditional) and the laws (conditional)
- Remembering or forgetting for peace
- Documentary: Film as remembering?
- Filming/forgetting the scene
- Peace journalism
- Ethnocentrism and its different manifestations like racism, sexism, nationalism, orientalism, agism, carnism, speciesism
- Ethnocentrism and xenophobia
- Truth and reconciliation
- Truth, representation, and the media
- Epistemic violence and its role in the perpetration of physical violence
- Theory and politics of non-violence
- Migration, exile and diaspora
- Intercultural/International communication
- Hospitality and hostility
- Ethical and political responsibility
- Dialogue and dialogic of self-other relations
- Human-animal dissociation and its discontent
- Our relationship with the Earth
- Democracy and capitalism, and their relationship with peace and justice
Papers will be accepted in both English and Turkish, and there will be separate sessions for each language. The opening and closing meetings will, however, be conducted mainly in English.
The deadline for submitting proposals is October 15, 2014.
Please send your abstract (not more than 300 words) to: email@example.com